Wednesday, June 3, 2020

COVID Day 82 – Tuesday, June 2

These last few days have been heavy.  In addition to all the concerns from the COVID pandemic we are facing massive protests, vandalism and looting across the country.  Seattle and Bellevue were hit heavily on Saturday and Sunday night and even Auburn had to issue a curfew due to looting at the shopping center there.  It seems the protests in regard to the murder of George Floyd have mainly been peaceful, at least in Washington, but unfortunately others have seen this as an opportunity to wreak havoc.  The entire situation has been confusing and unsettling. We’ve talked about it with our kids and Abigail and Carly are of course being bombarded with it on social media. Today was deemed #blackouttuesday to bring to awareness to racism and as a call for change.  I spent some time today listening and thinking about my own biases and how best to teach my family to celebrate the differences of humanity by “seeing color”.


I did some baking today to try to use up some rye flour and molasses I’ve had laying around for years – once again, I had issues with my yeast not rising as it should so it wasn’t a smashing success, but we love baked goods around here so it will not go to waste.

The kids had very little homework today so they wanted to be on electronics a lot.  JK&D had to do some chores first. 


At around 1:30pm we got a call that our bikes were ready to be picked up.  Jason was willing to go if it was just him and Katie going down, but Katie wanted me to go with them and Drew wanted to go with anyone that would let him.  Unfortunately that meant Jason stayed behind and KD & I ventured down to get the bikes.  Katie and I walked down to the ridge and Drew rode his bike, stopping often to wait for us to catch up.  We rode around the YMCA after we got the bikes and then when it started to rain we ventured home.  Katie and Drew decided to walk their bikes up death hill and I went up the longer, but slightly less steep parkway.  I sure hate that hill, but I can do it without stopping or dying so I consider that a win.  I met K&D at the top of their hill and then we rode home together.

Carly was babysitting this afternoon and also registered for her fall classes at Bellevue College.  Like Abigail she will spend the next two years at BC completing both her high school diploma requirements and an associate degree. She was able to get friends in all her classes – fingers crossed that classes are held in-person and she that she doesn’t end up online for the year.

Abigail got a fun, musical card from my Mom…


It was my turn to make dinner tonight and to use up some corn tortillas, corn and enchilada sauce I made some stacked roasted vegetable enchiladas.  Most of us thought they were good.  Jason would only eat one serving.  Katie refused to eat it at all and Drew only ate so he could have more rye bread.  Not very often my kids are picky eaters so I guess I should be grateful.  The rest of us ate it all – Justin and I really liked it.

Jason and Justin had church meetings/commitments tonight so KD & I worked on a puzzle before they called it a night.

  • June 2: Confirmed cases in Washington state – 22,484 with 1,135 deaths.  

No comments:

Post a Comment