I slept terribly last night. I remember waking up after seemingly having some type of hot flash and struggling up to go back to sleep. Then at about 2:30am in the morning we had a 3.2 earthquake. Thankfully it was the only one… at least that I felt, but I still struggled to go back to sleep. Katie also felt the earthquake and came in and asked what it was.
A poor night sleep lead to a late morning today. We were planning on having sacrament at 10am but most of us were still in bed at that time. Sacrament went well and there was less giggling than last week. Our ward didn’t have any talks prepared like last week and since Justin had a video meeting at 11am for elders quorum we didn’t get around to any other spiritual discussion until later that afternoon when I taught the Come Follow Me lesson. I had a couple topics to cover in the section assigned to this week, but we decided to just cover one topic tonight and revisit the other topics throughout the week. I think this will be a great idea. Weeknight family discussions were difficult when we had activities, homework, sports, etc… competing for everyone’s time, but now that our lives really only exist within our home we can make that happen.
I spent a great deal of time today working on photos, Abigail continues to work on her room, Carly spends a lot of time on her phone shopping, texting friends and scrolling through social media. We played some games and I snuck in a walk. So strange to see the parks empty.
Overall it was a good day though not as much family interaction as I would have preferred. But sometimes that’s okay and might be the safest – ha! We’ll have many family days to come. Justin and I tackled the linen closet tonight and got rid of several sets sheets that we’ve been hanging onto for years including our first ever duvet cover and the towels that we received for our wedding. It’s nice not to have that closet crammed full. The pile of stuff that we have to go to the DI is getting bigger every day and that makes my organizational heart so, so happy.
- March 22 – President Trump approved Governor Inslee’s request to declare our state a federal major disaster. Washington campgrounds are closed through the end of April. The Navy ship Mercy originally stated to be heading to Washington is being sent to California instead. Cases reached 1,996 with 95 deaths.


No comments:
Post a Comment