Friday, March 27, 2020

COVID Day 3 - Sunday, March 15

There wasn’t much conversation about how we wanted to run our in-home church service today. Justin did start to touch on the topic and after only a few words I knew immediately what he was thinking and said, “We are not having talks!“. We can barely get our kids to help in the planning of Come Follow Me lessons so there was no way I was going to assign them to give talks. What ended up happening this week was that our bishopric asked those who were already assigned to speak today to record their talks and those talks were compiled into a video that we were able to watch in our home.  It was basically an entire sacrament meeting program. We decided to sit around our round kitchen table for the sacrament which ended up working out well. There were a few giggles as Justin had basically split a piece of bread into seven LARGE pieces and the 2oz condiment cups that we used for the water held much more water than we’re used to. But overall it went well and was a neat experience to be able to do that in our home with our family with Justin and Jason providing that ordinance for us.


We decided to give the kids a little break and didn’t have our Come Follow Me lesson until later that evening.  I really wanted to go on a family walk this afternoon so I found a flat trail near the river that ended up being awesome.  Grateful that we can find such beautiful peaceful areas just minutes from our home.  We had some kiddos who weren’t thrilled about the idea, but I think in the end everyone really enjoyed it.


A few of us walked over to a nearby bridge (ACJ stayed back at the car) – this metal “statue” is actually one of the steel beams initially used in the construction of the bridge and it ended up like this due to the granite underground.


The weather this next week is looking fantastic!


After the JKD were in bed we watched the Contagion movie with Abigail and Carly.  


Justin thought about having Jason watch it with us but in the end I’m grateful he didn’t. We’re pretty careful what media our kids are exposed to and since this was PG-13, I didn’t feel good about it and after seeing it I’m glad that we didn’t put any of those images or drama into his mind. It’s not that Jason is necessarily a sensitive kid but I just didn’t feel good about it. On the other hand I’m glad that the girls watched it with us. They’ve been a little flippant about the virus situation and even though it may be possible that the media is over hyping this and we may be making this a bigger deal than it is, I’m still glad that they saw a worst-case scenario even if it was a bit dramatized in the movie.
-->
  • March 15 – death toll in the state reached 42 with 772 confirmed cases. Governor Inslee announced that all entertainment and recreation facilities, including jams, well clothes as well as bars and restaurants; however, restaurants will be allowed to do takeout and delivery.  Glad we had our date night on Friday and that Justin and Carly were able to go out to eat on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment