Sunday, March 29, 2020

COVID Day 13 - Wednesday, March 25

Carly really wanted to order some shelves for her room makeover and since today was within the 48 hour notice for the stay home order, I decided to make a trip out to Tukwila to pick up the one shelf that we couldn’t buy online or find at a closer Target stores. After we picked up the shelf we went to Winco to replenish our food supply. It wasn’t too crazy in the store but I noticed that they had consolidated products to make it look like it wasn’t as empty as it really was. For example, I couldn’t find any cans of chicken broth and but there wasn’t an empty spot where it typically would have been. We were very careful while we were out and used hand sanitizer often. The corolla only had a half tank of gas so we decided to swing by Costco and fill that up on our way home. The Costco parking lot was relatively empty so we popped in and picked up a few more things. A couple noticeable differences from the last time I went out was that Costco had placed lines on the floor at checkout in order to distance people checking out. We were not allowed to put any of our items on the conveyor belt until the person in front of us had completely checked out. They also installed plexiglass in between the cashier and customer to avoid any contact there. Similar distancing measures had been implemented at Target as well. Other than that the streets actually felt just as busy as last week or the week before that. It was surprising to me how many people are out, but I guess I was one of them so I can’t really say too much about that.  We also made a quick stop at my friend Addy’s house to return her books and pick up a new supply.  So grateful for fresh reading material.


While Carly and I were gone the kids got their homework done at home and then Justin took them to Burger King for a kids meal promotion and then apparently they also picked up the free lunches through the school district. Today was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so that doesn’t really feed my family of peanut allergy kids very well though they did get eaten by Justin and Carly over the next few days.

Thankfully all the kids were home when we got home with the groceries and were able to help unload. Our fridge is currently a very delicate puzzle and it’s gonna be a process to get anything out of there because it’s so full. I feel like we are very well situated in the food department. I actually feel like we are in a good place all around too. The kids are getting along well, nobody’s complaining about having to stay at home, Justin seems to be able to get the work done that he needs to without interruption. Overall I feel like we’re doing great with this whole staying at home thing. As a homebody myself this is totally my jam actually.

Abigail made some chicken pita pizzas today for dinner and then we had a short come follow me lesson about the book of Omni and then we enjoyed some indoor s’more’s.


  • March 25:  The State Department of Health’s numbers increased to 132 deaths from 2,580 cases. All non-essential businesses closed. The DOH also said 34,292 people were tested in Washington, and the 2,580 positive tests are 7% of those.  Federal officials reached a deal on a $2 trillion aid package.  Home test kits also were launched in King County. 
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment