Feb 1: We had some mystery envelopes and BOGO promotions at Maggiano’s and I really wanted to try out their weekend brunch so today was the day. It was good, but not amazing. Pretty sure we also picked up some free cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory while we were in the area.
Feb 3: We had a few inches of snow yesterday, but we still had church and there was more snow today so we had a late start for school and no seminary. Which means no institute for me.
Drew and I made ice-cream tonight to use up some whipping cream that we had on hand. The kids got to enjoy the homemade ice cream while Justin and I were in Hawaii.
Feb 5: I got this picture via text while we were in Hawaii. Jason went to the SnoFalls deacons quorum activity when they were making tomahawks. My friend Addy’s husband is in charge of their activities and she’s always telling me all the fun things they have planned and told me I should take Jason. He has several friends in that ward so he loved it. I’m sure we’ll catch some more of their activities in the future. The bonus is that they meet on a different day of the week than our ward youth so he can do both.
Feb 11: Drew left some of his precious fruit snacks on our pillows for us to find when we got back from Hawaii. Sweet boy!
I also found SEVERAL empty rolls of toilet paper laying around the bathrooms. I suspected I’m the only one in the family that ever disposes of those and this was proof.
I suppose I can look at the bright side and be grateful they USE toilet paper.
Feb 12: Today was my annual Valentine’s Fondue Luncheon in Auburn – my favorite meal of the year!
The little valentines we exchange are always fun.
Feb 15: We had little oopsie-daisy that could have been pretty serious. Apparently Drew draped a necklace of Abigail’s over an nightlight plugged into an outlet in the hall upstairs. Metal and electricity isn’t a good mix.
On the bright side this spurred us to call an electrician and in addition to fixing this he was able to replace the lights in our master closet that had burnt out months ago. Hallelujah - let there be light!
Feb 16: I introduced the kids to SkipBo recently which was a game I played a lot as a kid. In fact the cards we are using are the same cards I played.
Drew thought it was pretty fun that he was copying my discard pile.
The kids hijacked Justin’s phone today…
Feb 19: This week is our mid-winter break so they kids didn’t have any school. Carly went on a little overnighter to the Olympic Peninsula with a bunch of friends. I can’t remember much of what we did back home aside from our fun outing today. Katie’s friend took her to Dave & Buster’s earlier in the year and she really wanted to go back as a family. It was just Jason, Katie, Drew and me, but we made a day out of it and had a great time. We went out to breakfast at Sunbreak in Auburn. One of my favorite breakfast joints.
Wednesdays are half-off games so we were able to get double the fun for our dollars.
We stopped at Chick-fil-A on the way home to redeem some free ice cream cones. Yum!
Feb 20: I keep in touch with several friends via an app called Marco Polo. It’s great because we can listen and record messages whenever it’s convenient for us. I took a little screenshot today when I noticed that the sun was shining in my message. We appreciate a nice sunny day here.
Feb 21: The most played game in our house lately is definitely SkipBo!
Feb 22: We basically bought a car tonight while out on a date night. We’ve wanted to get an AWD car that we were okay having the kids drive when the road conditions were icy. Subaru’s seem to be the quintessential car in the northwest so I suggested we take a look at them. Justin sat in several models and determined that the crosstrek model had the most leg room for him. The dealership only had a few used crosstreks in stock since they sell very quickly. The one we purchased wasn’t even in the system yet. We couldn’t commit that quickly but we put down a fully refundable deposit to give us the weekend to think about it and give the dealership time to get it cleaned up and ready to sell. Early the following week it was ours. I really don’t like that we now have four cars – we don’t need a car for each driver – but we can’t get rid of the van yet because it’s the only car we have that fits are family and still has space for anything else besides our bodies. So the van won’t be used nearly as often anymore and we’ll keep it around for when we’re all together or when we every driver happens to need a car at the same time. Not gonna love having to pay insurance on four cars and four drivers (two being teenagers).
Feb 25: Katie made this tonight at her primary activity and put it up on our bedroom door – love!
Feb 26: This afternoon was the 7thgrade recognition ceremony for the first semester at our middle school. Jason earned a 4.0 gpa and I wanted to be there to see him get his award. As I was about to enter the gym, Jason was leaving the gym in his basketball uniform. Apparently they players were leaving school early for their away game. No use watching an awards ceremony that your kid wouldn’t be at so I turned around and drove the 20 minutes back home. I got a picture of him later though with his certificate. Way to go Jason!
My brother Tyrone was in town this week for work and joined us for dinner tonight. He stayed for a bit after dinner and played Qwixx with the family before heading back to his hotel. It was great to see him and be able to have him in our home.
My brother Tyrone was in town this week for work and joined us for dinner tonight. He stayed for a bit after dinner and played Qwixx with the family before heading back to his hotel. It was great to see him and be able to have him in our home.

































No comments:
Post a Comment