Today was a really good day. Again the sun was shining which really is good for our souls. Today was St. Patrick’s Day and I had left a little note on the counter with some Lucky Charms for the kids to have for breakfast.
When I came out of my room this morning I was pinched within moments so I had to turn around and put on my bright green pants to avoid any pinching. I made some mint brownies for us to enjoy later tonight after dinner. The kids spent most of the morning reading which was fantastic. Katie finished up the last of the Harry Potter books.
Drew brought some Legos downstairs to play with
Carly doesn’t leave her room very often. She’s been doing a lot of online browsing for stuff for redecorating her room.
We had plans this afternoon to spend some time outside together. We waited until Abigail got off work at 1pm and then Katie, Jason, and I rode our bikes down to the YMCA so that Abigail, Carly, and I could play tennis. Jason also wanted to play so he and I took one of the courts and hit around for a little bit. I think with some training Jason could really enjoy tennis. I also played a little bit with the girls but they declared it wasn’t as fun without friends and so we didn’t stay as long as I had hoped. Katie was brave enough to ride her bike home with me. My goal was to make it up the hill to our house without having to get off. When I went with Jason last week we turned onto Swenson which is much steeper so this time I decided to stay on the parkway and pedal home that way. I thought I had communicated my plan to Katie, but apparently I wasn’t very clear that I was going to keep going regardless of what she decided to do. As I pedaled up the hill I tried to look back and check on her. I noticed at one point she had gotten off her bike and was running up the hill after me. I yelled at her to just take her time and walk, but apparently she didn’t hear me. After I got to the top and she wasn’t close behind I turned around and went back down the hill to find her walking her bike in tears. I guess she felt discouraged that she wasn’t keeping up and that I had abandoned her. My bad! When we made it home she was able to have a frozen gogurt as a reward/apology.
Drew sings quite often around our house and I LOVE it. Today I took the opportunity to record him singing in the bathroom. Today it seems he was singing a music warmup.
Another win today was that I already knew what we were we’re going to have for dinner. I made all of the kids help with some of the dinner prep which included pulling stems off of spinach and cilantro leaves off of the cilantro bunch. It sure does help to have helpers in the kitchen and makes dinner prep much faster. We had spinach enchiladas today which is a favorite for some and not so much for others, but it felt appropriate for St. Patrick’s Day. Plus we had those mint brownies to enjoy.
Again, Drew hasn’t been very keen on having his picture taken lately
Still reading…
We didn’t necessarily accomplish much today but the kids were off devices for the most part, we were outside for quite a while and everybody got some exercise, and we ate well. In a Marco Polo to a friend this morning I had said something to the fact of that we would “eat our way through this thing with some games along the way“ she thought that was pretty funny but it actually describes today pretty well. I’m calling today a win.
The social distancing has spread over much of the US and there’s been some cool things that have come about as a result. One of which was that Josh Gad, the voice of the Frozen snowman character Olaf reads a goodnight story each night. It’s been a fun discovery for us and Katie and Drew love it.
- March 17 - Department of health updated numbers had at least 1009 cases statewide with a 54 deaths. Coronavirus cases were confirmed in all 50 states.






No comments:
Post a Comment