Tuesday, March 31, 2020

COVID Day 17 - Sunday, March 29

I don’t know what it is about Saturday nights but again I didn’t sleep well. I woke up at 5:30 this morning and wasn’t able to go back to sleep so I got up and put on my headphones and listened to the remaining podcasts on the First Vision that I’ve been studying. It was nice to have a quiet few hours to listen and take notes.  Today was Fast Sunday and we were asked by President Nelson to join in fasting and prayer as we face COVID-19 “for relief from the physical, emotional and economic effects of this global pandemic.”


We had discussed partaking of the sacrament at 10am; however, Justin, Abigail and Carly were still in bed at that time. I was frustrated with the delay and ended up going back upstairs and resting for a little bit while waiting for people to start the day. It seems like we wasted most of the morning. Finally around noon we gathered everyone around the table for the sacrament. I’ll admit the delay didn’t put me in the right spirit. 😕

After the sacrament we watched the Joseph Smith First Vision movie which is an hour long. There was definitely some grumbling about that. When we finished with the movie I took advantage of the opportunity to get out and go for a walk on my own. It has been raining most of the weekend, but when I left the house it appeared that they would be a break in the rain for a few hours. It was somewhat sunny when I left and somewhat sunny when I got home but the entire walking part was rain, rain, rain. I was pretty soaked when I get home and headed straight to a warm shower.


It seems that everybody was a little extra grumpy today. Perhaps it was due to it being Fast Sunday maybe we all needed more sleep?  I wish I could say that we felt the spirit of our fast but it seems we felt more hangry instead. Carly made a double batch of brookies for us to enjoy tonight after dinner. Abigail led us in our capital CFM discussion tonight and we read several verses in Joseph Smith Matthew about the First Vision and talked about the lessons that we can learn and apply in our lives. Then we played some games before putting the kids to bed, thankfully at a more decent hour tonight.

  • March 29:  Dr. Anthony Fauci said the U.S. could have millions of cases and more than 100,000 deaths from the coronavirus pandemic. King County issued a new order that threatened involuntary detention for those who refused to isolate after testing positive for the coronavirus.President Trump extended federal social distancing guidelines through April 30. Gov. Jay Inslee said Washington still needed more help from the federal government. Local animal shelters were closed.  The Washington State Department of Health increased their county to at least 195 deaths among 4,896 coronavirus cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment