Friday, March 27, 2020

COVID Day 7 - Thursday, March 19

I was up early this morning, before 7am, which is very rare to drive with Carly to say goodbye to her friend that was leaving town this morning. After we got back I had a few minutes before going on a walk with a sister in the neighborhood that I minister to. It was nice to catch up with her as we walked for the next hour. There’s so much going right now that there’s not a lull in conversation, so many different topics and headlines to discuss. When I got home I helped motivate the kids to finishing up their chores and tried to keep them for making too much noise while Justin works. Not always an easy task.

Justin took the kids down to pick up lunch and then we took advantage of some technology time so I could continue to make some progress on catching up on the blog without as many interruptions. I decided to go through all of our coats and winter accessories in the closet downstairs today so I pulled everything out to look it all over.  Katie and Drew thought the closet made a lovely little reading nook and spent several hours over the next couple days in there reading books by flashlights.

When Justin got done with work he took the boys to shoot hoops while Katie and I prepared dinner. The plan is that each of the kids will take a day during the week to help prepare dinner. Not sure how much that will actually happen but Katie was the first one to do that today and she did an amazing job – waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon. After dinner we decided to watch Frozen 2. I have only seen it one time in the theater so I was happy to sit down with the four youngest and watch that while Justin took care of some church responsibilities and Abigail ended up going out to play night frisbee with some friends after assuring me that she would keep a 6 foot distance.

Another great day today. Seriously it’s such a blessing that we have access to technology that keeps us connected with friends and provides us opportunities to be online and gather resources and entertainment outside of the home. It would be a much more challenging experience without that benefit.

  • March 19 – 74 state deaths from 1,376 cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment