Jan 1: Justin somehow convinced Jason to go on a short run with him this morning. Next up was Drew. They made it around the block which honestly was longer than I expected Drew to run continuously.
Jan 2: Katie was invited to go to Dave & Busters with her friend Sarah. She had such a great time that we decided that we’d needed to check it out over our next school break.
Meanwhile, Jason decided to make cookies today. It’s nice to have another little baker in the house.
Jan 9: We’ve been playing A LOT of Quixx since getting it for Christmas. This was my first time scoring 100+ and apparently I was quite proud.
Jan 18: We've had a lot of teens hanging out at our house lately - especially Abigail’s friends. Tonight they got creative with a leftover can of whipping cream from Abigail’s birthday party.
Jan 19: Drew and I both gave talks today. Me in sacrament and Drew in primary. Drew has tried to get out of talks in the past and as Primary secretary I avoided even assigning talks to him because I didn’t want to deal with his objections. Today was different. He did awesome. I thought it was so cute to see him reading through his talk as he waited for his turn. He went up to the pulpit on his own and did fantastic.
Jan 20: Yesterday Jason was set apart as the first counselor in the Deacons quorum. When he stood up next to the other boys I noticed how tall he suddenly looked. I wasn’t the only that noticed either. I swear we just measured Jason a few weeks ago and then all of a sudden he’d flown past Carly in height. Perhaps it was a week of snow days, extra sleep and lots of food? He’ll pass me up in no time at all. Maybe he’ll even pass up his 6’6” Dad?
Carly went to a fun birthday party today for her bestie Chloe. It was held at a local barn and apparently was a big hit. Glad she’s got such a great group of friends!
Jan 21: I filled out a fun little “fav things” post on Instagram today with little gifs.
Jan 24-27: For the second year in a row I spent this weekend with girlfriends in beautiful Priest Lake, Idaho. It was an extremely laid back weekend – lots of snacks, games, chatting, and movie watching. And a severe lack of pictures…
It was such an amazing (and delicious) weekend! Fingers crossed this continues as a yearly tradition.









No comments:
Post a Comment