I spent some time this morning preparing for my turn to teach the Come Follow Me lesson tomorrow. Justin got the three youngest kids outside to help him thatch the lawn and Jason was able to get the lawn mowed since it’s been so dry this week. The rain will be returning next week. Abigail continued to sort through her room discovering a plethora of lotions, chapsticks, and she continues to find cash in unexpected places. Carly prepared taquitos and mexican rice for lunch.
Justin and I headed to Deseret Book in the afternoon. We told the kids we would reward them in dollars if they read the church’s new books, Saints. They would get $20 for the first book and an additional $30 for the second book. We don’t do any allowance system at our house so apparently this was tempting enough for Carly and she requested physical copies of the book rather than reading it on her phone. We decided we would drive by Costco afterward and if it wasn’t too crazy we would pop in and pick up a few things. We were shocked when the parking lot was more than half empty – totally not the norm on ANY day of the week, especially a Saturday. The entrance to Costco was interesting as they have set up pallets to guide people through a cattle like entrance so that they can stagger the spacing of people entering the store. At the front of the store they had a sign showing what items they had in stock and what items were out of stock. I was grateful that we would be able to pick up more flour and some frozen chicken. We still have plenty of both but the preparedness side of me wanted a little bit more to be safe. We also went to Fred Meyer which wasn’t bad at all and picked up some produce for this next week. Overall it was an easy errand running day.
I went for a walk this evening and Justin and the three littles watched a movie together and then later in the evening the girls and I sat down in together and watched a movie. I let Carly pick it and she picked a new movie called Little which turned out to be pretty meh, maybe next time I’ll pick out the movie. I think there’s a lot of classic chick flicks that I can expose my girls to during this break that we have.
- March 21 – Statewide count is 94 deaths from 1,793 cases. King County converted Harborview Hall into a recovery center for up to 45 people. That became the fourth King County recovery center. Local grocery stores started special hours for seniors.

No comments:
Post a Comment