I still have a brief moment when I awake each morning where I wonder what I have going on that day and then I realize that we don’t have anything going on. It’s so strange and although there are things I hope to accomplish each day there is nothing that must be done in a given day. In truth I love it.
This morning we received our first “homework” assignments from the elementary schools. It seems to be very well organized with links to online resources. Each day has suggested homework for a variety of subjects – reading, match, P.E., social studies, music… Nothing is graded but it gives families resources and curriculum to keep kids engaged in their education. We expect something from our middle schools and high school tomorrow. The kids spent a few hours online working on their “home schooling”. Katie and Drew actually love the online activities so I don’t think we’ll have any problem motivating them to work on it.
Abigail took JKD down to pick up lunch today. There have been sandwiches in the lunches each day which will get old fast, but the kids are eating most everything. In addition to lunch they also hand out a breakfast for the following morning. The breakfast has included either cereal, waffles, yogurt, juice, etc… I’ve been blending up any leftover carrots, apples, celery, juice and yogurt that the kids don’t finish and calling it a smoothie which they drink so we haven’t been wasting food around here.
Jason started drawing pixel art today and has completed several Marvel characters. It’s kept him entertained for hours.
- March 23 – Our Snoqualmie city mayor announced he has tested positive to the virus. He knows no one personally who has the virus. State Department of Health reported 110 deaths among 2,221 cases. Tonight Governor Inslee directed Washington residents to "stay home, stay healthy" by executive order. Inslee’s executive order had exceptions for essential critical infrastructure workers, including first responders. Grocery stores, pharmacies, convenience stores, liquor stores that sell food, food banks and farmers’ markets were among businesses that could stay open. People could also go outside for exercise.

No comments:
Post a Comment