Tuesday, March 31, 2020

COVID Day 16 - Saturday, March 28

This morning I tackled all the piles of stuff that have been gathering up in our upstairs hallway. That requires sorting through and deciding what goes to the DI and packing that up and taking an inventory of that for tax purposes. 


Justin worked a little bit on the bonus room with the kids. At my suggestion we pulled out all of our games and brought them downstairs with the intent that we play each one before we put it back in the cabinet. If there are any games that we don’t want to play then we can get rid of it.  

I think the kids counted 64 games plus some additional card games

Justin also pulled out all of the books which get thrown into a cabinet in the bonus room in a completely disorganized way. If it were up to me we could get rid of a lot of books, but Justin wants to hold onto them in the rare chance that someone will ever want to look at any of them.  

Here’s Katie and Drew having some questionable fun in their blankie-tails…


Jason and I went for a walk in the afternoon so he could cross off his 30 minutes of exercise. It was sprinkling. He wanted to listen to something on his headphones so I also listened to a podcast about the first vision on my headphones. Jason walked with me for 2 miles and then headed home while I continued on. I got a group FaceTime call from Camden, in Atlanta, and my friend Sommer also joined in and we had a lengthy conversation about preparing for general conference next weekend.  Before I had known it I had walked over 6 miles. So fun to be able to chat with them live. We send Marco Polo‘s pretty much every day but those are just little one-way conversations that are pre-recorded. While I got in the shower Justin went to Jersey Mike’s to pick up 50% off subs while their promo is winding down. I finished the last of my CFM lesson tonight by discussing with the family the lessons learned in Words of Mormon, particularly “For a Wise Purpose.”  Games again this evening and the kids, in my opinion, stayed up way too late with Justin while I continued my study of the Restoration before going to bed. I’m grateful for this gift of time that we have been given to delve into the scriptures more and spend more time as a family discussing spiritual topics.

  • March 28:  The State Department of Health increased its counts to 189 deaths from 4,300 cases. The United States reached 2,000 deaths nationwide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment