After much deliberation Abigail decided to go roller-skating for her birthday party. Some friends decided not to go skating and instead met back at our house for games/treats afterward. While they were skating down in Auburn, Carly helped me put up a fun collage wall of pictures from Abigail’s eighteen years.
Abigail wanted lots of snacks at the house - I did not disappoint. We had lots of snacks leftover for the family to enjoy for days to come.
(a piping hot enchilada dip for that blue hot pad)
Aside from munching on snacks they played some games (spoons) and hug out until midnight when Abigail blew out the candles on her cake on her actual birthday. (Sunday birthdays can be a bit of a bummer).
Bummed I didn’t get a picture of her friends while they were all here
Abigail’s actual birthday was pretty chill. I doodled a little birthday greeting for her during sacrament meeting.
Carly gave Abigail some sandals that she’s been wanting which she put to immediate use wearing them to her mission prep class that afternoon.
Kalli came over a few minutes early so they could get some pictures taken with Abigail’s fun birthday balloons.
Abigail wanted all the breakfast things for her birthday dinner – crepes, waffles, hashbrowns, etc… Yum!
It’s both surprising and completely natural that we have an “adult” child. I hope to raise confident, independent, responsible children and Abigail is all those things and so much more. She’ll tell you she’s pretty much been on her own since toddlerhood. She remembers getting herself up and off to school as a kindergartener while I was in bed surviving the recent (albeit joyous) arrival of another new sibling. I admire her sense of adventure and love of life, I envy her super chill attitude and I am grateful for her low drama personality. So many big things in store for her this year. She’s got this. And if she doesn’t? She will. I’m excited to watch her continue to take on life as an “adult”. Happy Birthday to the girl who made me a Mama!













No comments:
Post a Comment